How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not operate appropriately if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely easy to understand. Softwares are currently readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not best.