How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have a lot space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod simplying playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really simple to understand. Softwares are already available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with regards to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.