How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of the Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the range of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function effectively if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly very simple to understand. Software applications are currently readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.