How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have so much area offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod simplying playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have actually offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate properly if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very easy to understand. Software applications are currently available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.